Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Delight of the Season

Right now, right here - One life. It is seen in the bright twinkling of Christmas lights; it is heard in the chorus of Christmas carols and its fragrance weaves its way to us from the evergreen trees and the sweet smell of cinnamon in the Christmas cookies. God is present in all of it. This One life is in the stillness of the longer nights of the season. It is in the hearts of humankind as they give of themselves. It is in the purity and innocence of a newborn babe. It is love. It is peace.

I am connected to this source of all life as it resides at the very core of my being. I turn to it, opening. I allow this goodness to uplift me and through its power and presence I am guided. I am guided to remember that I am a divine emanation of the One. All of its qualities are mine also. I am love I am peace.

I claim that the knowledge of this connection works through me and as me. I accept all the good that comes my way. I believe in the harmony and the faith and the delight of the season. I stand assuredly in the grace light of God. I love and forgive others and just as importantly, I love and forgive myself. I send out this energy of love and kindness. It creates a force field around me and my life is made better.

 As I feel the shift in knowing the truth of this prayer, I am grateful.

 So, it is with calm and confidence that I lift up this prayer and surrender it to the One. I know that it is already answered. It is done and done well. And so it is. Amen.

Tamarya Hulme, RScP

Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa 

 

1 comment: