Tuesday, August 25, 2026
I’d Like to Pass Away
There is One Life. One Divine Presence, infinite and whole, that lives through all creation. This Life is living itself through me, and through every person who reads these words. It is the Life beneath every breath, every heartbeat, every thought, every moment of love. Its nature is peace, serenity, comfort, and relief from suffering.
I know that I am never separate from this Presence. I am one with this Divine Life. There is no place where I can be outside of It, and no moment in which I am abandoned by It. Even when I am tired, in pain, frightened, uncertain, or simply ready to rest, the Divine Presence is here. I can surrender into its embrace. I know there are many little ways of passing from one state of consciousness into another. I can close my eyes and enter the gentle world of sleep. I can take a nap and let the concerns of the day fall away. I can sit quietly in meditation and allow myself to become still.
And in this very room, I can create a sanctuary of peace. I imagine myself resting here, surrounded by comfort and ease. The room is quiet and welcoming. The light is soft. My body is supported. My breathing becomes gentle. There is nothing I need to accomplish. Nothing I need to prove. Nothing I need to hold onto for this moment. I feel warmth around me. I feel tenderness. I feel the quiet joy of simply being held by Life. And as I rest here, I know that death itself is not something I need to force or fear. The timing of my passing belongs to the Divine. I do not need to know when that moment will come. I only need to trust that when my life’s journey is complete, I will be received into that same Infinite Presence that has accompanied me all along. Until then, I can rest. I can breathe. I can take one more nap, one more quiet morning, one more beautiful day, one more moment of laughter or music or love. And when I am weary, I can remember that I am allowed to surrender into rest without needing to surrender my life.
With a lightness of heart, I give thanks. I am grateful that I do not have to control the great mystery of life and death. I am grateful that I can rest in Divine Love. I am grateful for the comfort that is available to me now, in this breath, in this room, in this moment. I give thanks for every experience that has brought me here. I give thanks for the peace that is already within me.
And I give thanks for the certainty that when my time truly comes, I will not be alone. I am held by the One Life. And for now, I breathe, I rest, I receive, and I live.
And so I release this prayer into the Infinite. I let go of my need to know when or how. I trust the Divine Wisdom that knows the perfect unfolding of my life. I am at peace. And so it is.
Andra Sandberg, RScP
Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment