Saturday, December 29, 2018

Affirmative Prayer to Know Safety and Peace


The one Infinite Presence enfolds all in its loving embrace. Nothing is outside of Its wholeness and perfection. It is the one source and sustenance of all that is, was or ever shall be. Mother-Father God, the Beloved, Spirit, the Divine, however named, is everywhere present in, through and as all life. It is the boundless power and intelligence that continually creates life from itself, eternally giving to its creation. It moves the invisible into form. It is the seen and unseen, the known and unknown, the formed and formless, fully present in every aspect of its creation in every moment. It is the glorious unlimited nature of being. Life abides within the One as beauty, harmony, light and joy. The Shepherd cherishes and gathers all into his boundless care.

And I know I am made of this wondrous stuff. Mother-Father God is the substance and home of my being. It is my very breath and heartbeat. Wherever I am, I am within the One, it is the home in me, around me and as me. I live in the One. There is no place I end and the rest of God, of this life, begins. I am always at home within the love, safety and care of my Creator. Every aspect of my being--- body, mind and spirit are merged within the one life, connected to all the other individual expressions of the Divine. I am a drop in this ocean of love, infinitely cherished and cared for, inseparable from my good.

From this awareness I speak this prayer. I affirm that whatever happens in the world that feels unsafe, however life shows up there is always within me, that unchangeable Spiritual Truth of my being.  As a child of God it is my ballast, my rock foundation that never wavers, it is the ever present Divine within. In the midst of situation, condition and circumstance I turn inward to that place of safety and peace, I lean into God's embrace. I rest in that place of sanctuary, prayer and renewal.  I open to and accept support, strength and safety for my body mind and spirit. I remember that life is always for me, that God is right where I am. God's infinite power, goodness and wisdom created me on purpose, always acting on my behalf. I trust that God as Life knows what it's doing and how to do it. I am abundantly safe in the Shepherd's care.

In gratitude I affirm and rest in this spiritual truth for myself and all of life. 

I let go and let God. This is known and done in the heart and mind of God before these words were spoken. And so it is.

Amada Colt, RScP




No comments:

Post a Comment