Saturday, October 8, 2016

Belonging



There is just One Life, the powerful, loving spiritual Essence behind, in, and around all things. This all-powerful nurturing sustainer of all Life is eternally present, the center of all being. Its nature is love, power, peace, lavish abundance, beauty, and love.

This loving Presence is right here where I am, closer than hands and feet, closer than my very own breath. Its love inhabits every area of my life, loving me beyond measure. This is true for every other being as well. We are one global community, each made up of the same spiritual Essence. We are loved unconditionally and continuously—in ways that may seem ordinary or miraculous, in ways that we understand and do not understand.

I claim now for each of us that we experience this love as a feeling of being met, right where we are, wholly and completely. We are loved with the generosity only the Divine can express. We each matter and are all necessary. All sense that they truly belong to Life. All feel the love of Spirit in both a local and global way. I accept enough physical nourishment in the way of healthy food for each of us, and clean, affordable, and safe housing for all. I embrace a world where every one of us truly understands that we belong and that we are a part of the web of life, which can never be broken: a world that works for every single one.

I give thanks for answered prayer with an overflowing heart of gratitude.

I release my word to a God that knows only good, and only says yes. My word has been heard and is being acted upon, now.

And so it is.
Karen Norton, RScP Emeritus

Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment