Saturday, March 25, 2017

Affirmative Prayer for Awakening

Affirmative Prayer for Awakening

God is the source and sustenance of all that is, creating anew in each moment.  The Divine is everywhere present, never absent, enfolding all in Its wholeness. It includes the seen and the unseen, the known and the unknown. Nothing is outside of God.  This irresistible, unshakable force of love and compassion always acts on behalf of creation. It brings the invisible into form from Itself, yet is undiminished. Its holiness is in, through and as all life. Each sacred moment is the eternal present.

I am made by and in God’s image, a child of God. As this is true for me, it is true of all beings and all forms of creation.  There is no place where I end and the rest of God’s life begins. The Divine breathes through me and beats my heart. I am a unique expression of the Divine, a place where God shows up. I am inseparable from the One, within God’s wholeness, connected to all that is.

From this place of wholeness I speak this prayer for myself and all human beings, all creatures and our mother earth. In the midst of political, national and world events I choose to see this time as a time of awakening where cares and concerns are brought into the light. I recognize that the wholeness of Life is greater than the sum of Its parts. In that wholeness is the power to bring together in a new way that which temporarily appears fractured and in opposition to its divine Self. It begins with me. Where there is an experience of hate and fear, I am more willing to  love, and understand. I practice kindness in my daily activities. If injustice appears, I open to forgiveness and constructive action.   When I feel or witness separation I seek ways to experience and promote inclusiveness. I appreciate our common humanity and open to other perspectives.  If I am called to advocate I do so with goodwill and methods that bring about communication and grow understanding between all concerned. For our beautiful Earth and all that dwells therein, I trust the infinite intelligence of the Universe. Humans are part of the natural world. I affirm the answers and tools are present and available through the will of God, to preserve the balance, diversity and harmony of nature, and of humankind.

I am grateful for this shift in awareness, for the divine light that is kindled through this knowing. I trust that it is already so in the mind of God.

And so it is.  Amen


Amada Colt, RScP
Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment